The Manitoba Soccer Association has released its 2020 Indoor Soccer Return to Participate Protocols, which I have attached for your review.
There are a few differences from the Outdoor RTP to the Indoor RTP related to Stage 3 that are of particular note:
- Coaches and players will be required to wear masks inside the facility until they are on the pitch area (field and technical areas). Masks being worn during training or games will be at the discretion of each player. During games, all technical officials must wear masks, except the one coach providing instructions to the players on the field.
- No spectators are permitted at adult competitions. A maximum of one guardian per youth player may attend at youth competitions. If guardians are staying at the facility, they must observe physical distancing regulations/guidelines. Any exception at youth games will be addressed by the facility staff.
- Face masks must be worn inside the facility when not on the pitch (field and technical areas). This includes for players and coaches before and after training or games and for all spectators at youth competitions (anyone over the age of 5).
- No loitering inside the facility (hallways, foyer) before or after training or games.
- No changerooms are to be used – participants should come dressed and ready to participate.
- Bathroom facilities will be sanitized before and after each booking by authorized person only. Only one person should be in the bathroom at a time.
- Games will be scheduled to consider reducing traffic between groups arriving and departing to mitigate community transmission.
- It is possible that the majority of quarter field matches will be played at the WSF North, and, the majority of half field matches will be played at the WSF South due to the differences in seating / capacities of the two buildings.
- Timekeepers & Assistant Referees must wear face masks at all times.
- The facility is currently working on a mask-exemption policy for those with a doctor’s note. It is expected the person will need to register their exemption with the facility through the corresponding league. Further details on this will be communicated weeks prior to the start of the indoor season.
As well, I have attached the WSF North and South facility protocols, and, arrival and departure protocols.
Please take some time to review the attached documents and ensure your members are aware of the protocols and expectations.