KidSport East Update
- In 2017 East KidSport disbursed $47,591.65 to 233 children ( includes funds from the Canadian Tire Jump Start program). For a complete community breakdown please feel free to contact our office
- A big thank you to the following East municipalities for their generous donations last year in which a total of $5,000 was raised to support the KidSport East program : RM of Armstrong, RM Of Coldwell, RM of Fisher, RM of Gimli, RM of Grahamdale, RM of Rockwood, RM of Rosser, Town of Stonewall, Town of Teulon, RM of West St. Paul, Town of Wpg Beach, RM of Woodlands, Town of Beausejour, RM of Lac du Bonnet, Town of Lac du Bonnet, RM of Springfield
- Also a big thank you Netley Creek Golf Course and the Interlake Recreation Personnel Committee for hosting events last year that supported and raised monies for KidSport - greatly appreciated!
- Changes for 2018:
- As of December 1st Sport Manitoba will longer be partnering with Jump Start to assist with KidSport Applications
- the East KidSport Bleachers will longer be available for rent - a big thank you to Stonewall Arena who has graciously stored and assisted us with rental of these bleachers since 2004
- The 2018 KidSport application is now available on line @ http://www.sportmanitoba.ca/programs/kidsport.php
- Feel free to distribute to families in need in your community, application deadline is the 15th of each month
Polar Bear Dare
Take the Dare - March 17, 2018
There are three easy steps to join the Polar Bear Dare:
- Register Online: go to www.sportmanitoba.ca/polar-bear-dare and register as a team or individual
- Collect Pledges: Pledges can be made by cash, cheque or online credit card donations. A minimum of $100 per person must be raised
- Make a Splash! Check in on jump day, hand in your pledge sheet and donations. The only thing left to do is jump!
Prizes will be awarded for; best costume, most entertaining, most monies raised by a team and top individual fundraiser. Of course, Sport Manitoba and KidSport Manitoba accepts donations from those who want to support kids in sport, but aren’t able to participate in the Polar Bear Dare. Just go to the web site and support one of the teams or individuals taking the dare.
To register, donate or get more information please visit our web page @ www.sportmanitoba.ca/polar-bear-dare
and check out our Facebook page @ www.facebook.com/polarbeardare
The event is proudly supported by: Sport Manitoba, Gourmet Coffee, Town of Lac-Du-Bonnet, the Lac du Bonnet Fire Dep, JME World Consultants, Powerview/Lac du Bonnet Auto Supplies, Cabot Corporation, Campbell Foods, Ingham Pharmacy, Eastman Tourism, The Clipper, Sunspace Sunrooms, Corybantic Music, Winnipeg Handi Van, Whitemouth Lions Club and Beausejour Knights of Columbus.
2018 COACHING MANITOBA IMPACT AWARDS
NOMINATION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 9, 2018
The Coaching Manitoba Impact Awards aim to recognize and celebrate the outstanding achievements and significant contributions coaches have made to their athletes and their sport through coaching. The selection of recipients is based on their unique contribution to sport through the continued development of their athletes. The award does not reflect the accomplishments and contributions of a coach in any one year, rather the awards are designed to acknowledge the contributions a coach has made to his/her sport and athletes over a number of years.
For more information and how to nominate a coach please visit Coach Recognition section on our website at www.coachingmanitoba.ca
MAJOR AWARD CATEGORIES
Active Start/Fundamentals Athletes - Vince Leah Award
Individuals who coach grassroots athletes of any age. The coaching environment at this level is primarily non-competitive, with an emphasis on participation and having fun.
Learn to Train-Train to Train Athletes - Dr. Jack Hunt Award
Coaches who are responsible for athletes developing competitive skills and preparing for competition (i.e. regional, provincial or Canada Games).
Train to Compete-Train to Win Athletes - Peter Williamson Award
Coaches who primarily work with athletes that compete at the national or international level.
School System Athletes - Peter Dick Award
These coaches are paid employees of a school (ie. teacher, guidance counselor, principal) who coach as an extra-curricular activity. This award is open to those individuals who coach at all grade levels from elementary through middle years and high school.
RECOGNITION AWARD CATEGORIES
Years of Service Recognition
Coaches who have dedicated a minimum of 25 years to coaching at any level. To be recognized for this award, the coach must be nominated through their Provincial Sport Organization.
HOW TO NOMINATE
1. Nominate on-line by downloading a nomination form (word document) from www.coachingmanitoba.ca and submit it as an attached document by email to coaching@sportmanitobaca.
2. Any additional information accompanying an on-line submission can be FAXED to (204) 925-5624
3. Please indicate clearly the name of the nominated coach and a list of items being faxed on an accompanying letter.
4. Fax in the contact details and signed consent form by the nominated coach
2018 Power Smart Manitoba Winter Games
Thompson will host the 2018 Manitoba Winter Games Powered by Manitoba Hydro from March 4th - 10th
Team East members have been selected for the majority of the 12 sports involved in this year's games , with only 3 Team East qualifiers still left to be held for the following sports:
||U 14 & U16 (born 2002- 2006)
|| Assessippi (Russell)
||Female U12, U13, U17 (born 1999-2007)
|Curling U15 & U18
||Male and Female teams U15 and U17 (born 1999-2007)
For more information on these qualifiers and to register please visit the Manitoba Games website @ www.manitobagames.ca
PAL (Physical Activity Leadership Bursary)
PAL offers a Leadership Training Bursary to assist with the costs associated with becoming a certified physical activity leader (eg. Coach, fitness leaders, lifeguards etc. )
- Available to those living within the Interlake –Eastern Regional Health Authority boundaries
- Up to $500 per person per calendar year is available to help cover costs such as registration fees and course materials, travel and accommodations if required.
- No deadline, but applications must be submitted prior to attending the training event
- Copy of the 2018 Application available on the IERHA website http://www.ierha.ca/default.aspx?cid=6136&lang=1